We pride ourselves in our ability to defend our clients before the courts, whether they are adults facing charges under The Criminal Code or The Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, or youths charged under The Youth Criminal Justice Act. Each of our lawyers maintains an active criminal defence practice and regularly appear before the courts.
We Represent Clients on All Forms of Criminal Charges Including
- Property and fraud offences
- Drinking and driving offences
- Drug offences
- Firearms offences
- Crimes of violence including sexual assaults, murder and manslaughter
Our members are active in all levels of court from the Provincial Court to the Supreme Court of Canada and our experience can assist you in the resolution of your problem.
Whether you have been injured due to someone else’s carelessness or someone has failed to live up to their end of a contract, our lawyers can assist you and provide the legal advice you need to resolve your problem in a timely and effective manner
Sometimes, it is someone else who claims that you caused an accident or failed to honour a bargain. We can assist you too with your defence.
Whether you are the injured party or the person alleged to have done something wrong, we can help.
Civil Litigation Services
- We will advise you as to the merits of your claim or defence based on the law in Saskatchewan.
- We will assess your goals and priorities and provide strategies that would best accomplish your objectives.
- We will undertake all negotiations possible on your behalf to resolve your claim with the other party.
- We will prepare, serve and file all documents needed by the courts on your behalf.
- We will attend and represent you in all proceedings leading up to the trial, including mediation sessions, examinations for discovery, and pre-trial conferences.
- We will prepare and present your evidence and all legal argument to the court at trial.
Your point of view can be altered, affecting your decisions and your perception of your options. Having a professional and trustworthy advisor on your side that is unrelated to your personal situation can ensure that you are making the best decisions and completing the legal process accurately.
Family Law Services
- Separation Agreements
- Pre Marriage Agreements
- Spousal Support
- Child custody
- Child Support
- Division of Property
- Mediation and Negotiation
Has the time come to incorporate your existing business or do you wish to add a partner to your growing enterprise? We can work with your professional advisors to build a plan that meets your professional goals.
At Peszko & Watson, we recognize that different businesses have different objectives. Sometimes, a family farm may need to become incorporated to allow for the best transfer between generations or a growing proprietorship may need to add partners to gain an edge over their competition. In any case, you need lawyers who are accessible, collaborative and results oriented.
We can assist you with evaluating your current business structure and suggest changes that may protect your assets or assist your operations. We can review and negotiate contracts and leases on your behalf or prepare and register financing documents. We can also assist you with shareholder agreements, non-disclosure contracts or employee contracts. We can also assist you if you are considering buying or selling an existing business.
Whether you are a new venture or an existing enterprise, your business is important to us.
Are you buying or selling a home, farm land or a commercial property? We can help you with your transaction and provide you with the service and advice you need to confidently close on time.
We Can Undertake on Your Behalf
- The negotiation of terms on your purchase or sale.
- The preparation of your agreements, including offers to purchase, agreements for sale, mortgages or guarantees.
- Performing the necessary searches to ensure your interests are protected.
- Working with your lender to ensure that funds are releasable when required.
- Obtaining the necessary discharges to deliver the property to you pursuant to the terms of the agreements.
- Distributing the proceeds of the transaction to the necessary parties (such as your lender, the vendor.
- Payment of realtor’s fees, surveyor’s costs, land titles fees, municipal taxes, etc.).
- Providing the necessary reports to you, your lender, or any other party that may be required.
At Peszko & Watson, we know that buying or selling a property can be exciting, yet stressful, and we will endeavour to assist you at every step of the transaction to ensure that your experience is a positive one.
An estate plan is your blue print to ensure that your wishes are followed to the fullest extent permitted by law regarding the management of your affairs.
The Objectives of Most Estate Planning
- Ensuring that your assets are protected and capable of being managed should you become incapacitated during the course of your lifetime.
- Ensuring that your health care needs and personal wishes are followed in the event that you become sick or ill and cannot provide guidance to your doctors or health care professionals.
- Ensuring that as much of your assets as possible transfer to your intended beneficiaries upon your passing.
- Ensuring that as much of your assets as possible are fully paid for upon your death.
- Ensuring that your minor or disabled children are cared for and looked after by responsible guardians.
- Minimizing the amount of taxes, legal fees, probate costs, and land titles charges your estate or your beneficiaries may pay.
- Reducing or eliminating the involvement of the Courts or third parties in your estate.
There are different documents and tools that can assist you with your estate plan. A Power of Attorney is a document whereby you can appoint a trusted person to manage your personal and/or property affairs, typically in case you become incapacitated or have to be away from your home for an extended period. A Health Care Directive or Living Will can appoint someone to make medical decisions regarding your care or treatment in the event that you are unable to do so. And finally, your Last Will and Testament can appoint someone to manage and distribute your estate to your intended beneficiaries in accordance with your predetermined wishes.
At Peszko & Watson, we recognize that every plan is unique and requires precise planning. We will work in consultation with your other professional advisors to build a plan that meets both your present and anticipated future objectives.
At Peszko & Watson we understand the difficulties families face in this situation and we therefore provide comprehensive advice on the options available. For example, a co-decision maker may be more appropriate in some circumstances and a full guardianship order more appropriate in others. In many cases, a property guardian has to post a bond and the terms of the order and the bond require approval from the Public Guardian and Trustee’s Office.
We will work with you and your family to assist in making an informed choice respecting the degree of guardianship required and the terms for an order that will be effective in assisting the dependant adult.